Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Pull It Together

I can't seem to get myself into an effective working/studying mode. I am studying narrowly and haphazardly, my class are at irregular times, and I feel discombobulated. I start work tonight (at the library). I usually have 3 hours of study time at work...maybe that will help.

3 comments:

cherrygarcia said...

Girrl I hope you keep it together we need more Black Midwives. I am an L&D nurse and most of the patients are Black or West African. Yet, I learned from another NP that we haven't had a Black Midwife in 25 years. That's so crazy. I have aspirations to be a midwife but not for another 4 years. I hope you can visit my website. It's dedicated to spreading information on birthing alternatives to women of color. I want give out a free short film to clinics and health professionals that depict our people and our struggles. Moreover, the paths that lead to our victories over our bodies and our births. Keep it movin. . .

cherrygarcia said...

Oh yeah the site is www.daraluzproject.com. It's in the begining stages (have mercy). I have a submission piece under, "your story". You can add some insight, if you'd like.

kati b said...

this semester is not coming together for me yet, either. I wonder if there's something in the stars that's keeping all the balls in the air for a while...

I should be thrilled for the opportunity to grow more comfortable with chaos... oh well. we'll see.