Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Frustration

I am in class so much, I never have time to learn anything. At what time am I supposed to be able to just sit by myself with the information and absorb?

How come people don't understand that my day in this accelerated program is so fully packed that if they miss my appointment/don't sign my paper/are late letting me out of class, it starts this chain effect where I am late to my next appointment, class, errand and I am the one who looks irresponsible?

What is it about this place that whenever I ask a question, before the teacher can answer it, someone else jumps in with their question...and she actually answers their question first (or sometimes only) making me have to raise my hand again to ask the same damn question I just asked? Come on people, common courtesy.

Please don't have Statistics at 9 am on Monday mornings in a room that does not allow one to bring drinks...who in the hell gets through Stats that early without coffee??? Here's a hint: no matter how many times you say "there's no eating or drinking in this room" (one that has NO COMPUTERS, btw) people are going to bring their coffee. There's just no way around it.

If one more person in my class raises their hand to "prove what they know" instead of asking a sincere question, I'm going to scream.

And now, I'm on my way to the DMV...hopefully...to get a car registered. I hear the DMV here is very notorious for taking HOURS to do ANYTHING.

Please God/dess/Universe/ whatever, be kind to me today.

I've had all I can stand for one day.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

i agree about statistics and coffee. hell, if it was 2pm, i'd still want an extra boost of caffeine.