Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Off to a Good Start

I woke up at exactly 8am without an alarm clock. Isn't it funny how you can mentally tell yourself what time you want to get up and have that happen? I am such a better person in the morning when I get to wake up naturally. This is my last study day, and I'm determined to make it a good one. I cooked a bit pot of ziti last night, got some coffee and tea ready, printed everything I need to study today, and I woke up happy. Within the next 15 minutes I will be fully dressed and walking out the door to the library.

I think I'm off to a good start.

No comments: