Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year, 2008


LMAO. I feel you Calvin.
But, seriously, we should all evolve into better versions of ourselves, to the best of our abilities.
I have a few goals for the year:
Short Term:
  1. Stay on top of my school work, organizing the notes as I go along, instead of right before the midterm and again right before the final.
  2. Have my midwifery cohort over to my home at some point in the semester.
Long Term:
  1. Write more often, even if a jumbled mess.
  2. To continue to be unapologetically me, even with, especially with, the man.

Our Goal:

To continue to define marriage on our own terms (even if still within the narrowly constructed idea of heterosexual monogamy) especially as we venture into possible parenthood - so that, maybe, we can be comfortable defining those roles for ourselves as well.

Lastly. I am thankful to have made it through 2007. Still surviving school, still with him, with family alive and in most cases well, and with almost all of my sanity. (anybody who is completely sane isn't living or thinking ;o)

No comments: