Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

End of the Semester

A WHNP classmate came into the room today where we were all about to take our Stats exam (the last final of the semester) and said:

"I just spoke to [our professor]; we all passed GYN."

You can imagine the excitement that produced. And the shock.

We took the Stats exam which was hard but not impossible, and then I went to find my teacher to ask her if I passed the primary care exam. I was thinking there's no way I want to leave here without knowing whether I'm done or not. She said yes you passed, everyone passed, and you can tell them so.

It's over.

Thank Gawd.

I can't believe I survived another semester.

I did it.

I did it.

Yes, uh huh, I did it.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Way to go sista! Shoot...graduation is closer and closer in sight.

KHP said...

WOOOOOOT!!! \o/

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I knew ya could do it!

Have a wonderful break from school!

DR