Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Monday, November 3, 2008

A Productive Monday

I have a lot to do today (as I do every day)... It's a good day to provide a list of tasks that exemplify what midwifery school is like...

  • Renew my CPR certification (past due, got a "turn it in NOW" email!)
  • Put the finishing touches on a paper for class about health care policy and leadership (due now)
  • Turn in a mock letter to the editor (due this week)
  • Start my midwifery professional issues presentation (due next week)
  • Start my midwifery ethics project (also due next week)
  • Email the new participants of my study to schedule interviews (a week behind because I dropped everything to study for midterms)
  • Complete an eval for my last clinical session and email it to the preceptor
  • Turn in a copy of my exam to prove I competed the required online fetal heart tracing review course
It seems like it never ends, but I swear the end is in sight. There are only 7 weeks left in the semester, and that includes the week I'm taking off for Thanksgiving!

I'm almost there.

I'm almost there.

I'm almost there.

Sometimes you just gotta encourage yourself. (link)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

go! go! go! you have someone cheering you on way over here in oregon!

have you seen this: http://dailybedpost.com/2008/11/from-elasticwaistcom-fat-women.php ?

deb said...

OMG-I am exhausted reading that!

The funny thing-everyone I know tells my my schedule makes them tired!

Sending energy vibes to get you through.

Deb