Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I caught a baby a week ago. I forget if it was a boy or girl. It was my fourth. I couldn't speak to the woman because she had absolutely no English and I had absolutely no Spanish and the nurse assigned to her did not like me and would not let me know what she was saying in spanish to the patient all night.

This was my fourth catch. I have 2.5 months left to catch another four babies. In the meantime we have a serious, serious shortage of available midwives to staff the call shifts necessary for the number of students in my cohort. At first, I was very

No comments: