Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Starting Anew

I'm starting fresh for the school year...without archives. I'm not going to attempt to weave all of the compartments of my life together here on this blog because, really, it's too much and I don't have the time, energy, or mental space to do that right now. I'm going back to the roots of my blog writing. I'm here to write about my experience in midwifery school, and anything that's relevant to that.

I am no longer a completely anonymous blogger but that's just the way it is. People around me will read this to get to know me instead of actually trying to get to know me through the work of interaction. People will use what I say here however they see fit. People will gain a slight advantage by knowing more about me than I do about them. People who know me in real time will continue to read me and not offer up a significant compartment of themselves in return, and that, too, is just the way it is. And my audacity to write about my own life - imagine that- will be seen as arrogance to a few people.

When I think about how I came to be ok with all of this, I have peace; and I only have to remember why I'm writing in the first place to reach that peace.

So, for the millioneth time, the blog is public again. But what does that mean when there is no archival history previous to this post?

No comments: