Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

WELCOME!

Welcome to my new blog! And to those of you who came over with me from minority nursing student blog, welcome back, and thanks for following me over!

This blog will chronicle my life as a midwifery student for the next two years. I am in a "direct entry accelerated nursing program," which means that I came into graduate school for nursing without any previous nursing education. I have to earn my RN in route to the MSN. The first year of the program was for RN licensure - that is the year that I already completed. To read about that experience (and applying to the program) please visit minority nursing student!

Now I have two years of school left in this program, and they are dedicated to midwifery. I am unbelievably excited to start this part of the journey and I am looking forward to sharing my experiences here.

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why *minority* midwifery student? It's very simple actually. I was looking for this blog before I created it, but I couldn't find it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, all by itself, is reason enough to write.

Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this comment is especially dated, but thanks for taking the time to do this... It means a lot to me.