Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sage Femme's Version of a TAG, LOL

I am a daily reader of Sage Femme's blog, and she has tagged her readers:

*RULES - Post rules before giving the facts - Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves - People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules - At the end of the your blog you need to tag six people and list their names - Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read your blog.*

1. I love television...despite the fact that I think it has ruined our nation's intelligence and that there is hardly ever anything worth watching. I even have TiVo.

2. If we ever have kids my husband will stay home to raise them while I work more than full time as a CNM. I think I would be a good mother, but I think he would be an even better father. My ambivalence about having them keeps me from having them.

3. I sometimes reach for the phone before it rings and dream things before they happen. I am not psychic, but I do believe in intuition, and I think mine is strong. When I was very young I named my cabbage patch doll KaAsiaAnastasia. 20 years later I found out I have a sister named Anastasia.

4. I think poor people should have equal access to fertility treatments. Yes, you read that correctly.

5. I think marijuana should be legal, and therefore everybody in jail for crimes related to it should be released. I am hoping to go to this year's Cannabis Cup, held annually in Amsterdam, with the man.

6. I have a "neck thing." I feel a dash of physical pain when someone's neck is broken in a movie, or when watching fake wrestling, or when people crack their neck. I always think cracking my neck will feel good, but I am afraid I will accidently break it and die!

7. I keep pressing my mama to buy a house because I simply can not imagine buying one for myself before she has one for herself. And I worry a lot about how I will take care of my parents when they get too old to take care of themselves. I hope they all agree to live in one big house together, because otherwise I won't be able to afford it.

8. If I weren't married I'd probably leave this country for good within 5 years of graduation.

I hereby tag: That Big Girl and ChiaLing81

No comments: