Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stunted. The Cure: 14 in 14


I am a stunted blogger.  
I remember searching for so long for integration blogs.  I wanted to read about what integration was like before I stepped into the fire.  I found like, one, which didn't turn out to be much about integration at all.  I had grand plans of being that blog.  "I will write it" I told myself... so that when someone else looks, they will find it.  Well, I've written hardly anything.  Maybe that's what a real integration blog looks like.... empty space.  Space where one would write if she could think.  Space where one would tell all her birth stories, and glorious tales of crazy times in L&D and the clinic, if only she could find the time.  Space where one could purge her fears and accomplishments, if she actually had time to really process them. Space where one would give helpful hints and tips, if only she could find the confidence to think she had something worth sharing.
Oh if only there were the energy.  I am now convinced that anyone who has time to maintain a blog while in integration is a wonderwoman.  So Morag should be considered SUPERwonderwoman because she's doing it while also nurturing a baby in the belly. She just finished her "integration" and I enjoyed reading about her adventures.  You'll enjoy reading from beginning to end. 
I am trying to commit to 14 posts in 14 days... basically a post a day for the rest of February.  I don't want to look back on integration and not have a record of what I did.  I have been writing about it off and on for personal use, but I want something here, too.  I'm going to de-identify some of the stuff I already wrote and post it as part of my 14 in 14.

3 comments:

Ciarin said...

Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

hooray! i've been hoping there would be more. i'll be where you are in a year and i wanna hear those thoughts. hang in there.

Louisa said...

Ah lovie, superwoman I am not, I just had no-one else to talk to!! You do what you need to, if you have time/energy/inclination I always love to read you. If you don't, it's understood. Your integration also sounds to be MUCH longer than mine. Hell 5 weeks about killed me... You know I came home with pneumonia. Yeah
good when you're preg. ;)
Xx L

Much love