Breathe Easy, You've Found Me ((HUGS))

People will wonder why this blog is needed, why minority midwifery student? It's very simple actually; I was looking for this blog...but I couldn't find it...so I created it. We all have unique experiences, and every experience, every story, can help someone else. I am a black girl from the hood at an ivy league professional school. That, alone, is reason enough to write. Somebody was looking for this blog. Someone wanted proof that what I'm doing can be done - even when you come from where we come from.

To that person especially, WELCOME.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Madness

Why is my Gynecology, Exam 2, over 10 units?

  • HIV
  • Gynecological Physiology
  • Vaginitis (yeasts, BV, etc) and STDs
  • Paps and Gynecological Cancers
  • Urinary Conditions (UTI, Kidney infection, etc)
  • Menstrual Disorders (PCOS, DUB, fibroids)
  • Breast Mass/Diseases (cancers, mastitis, etc)
  • Climacteric (Menopause)
  • Unplanned Pregnancy (including abortion lecture)

Unreasonable. Every time I step out of the fire, they throw me back in.

What can I be thankful for?

  • Some of the stuff on the exam will be stuff I've seen in clinical...that helps
  • It's the only exam I have next week (Monday).
  • Next week is Thanksgiving. (but for some reason teachers love to have exams the Monday following the holiday...tis year it's Patho. There should be a rule...)
  • I'm getting closer to the end of the semester...and I'm passing...although Stats exam was questionable this morning...

Another week in the life of a nursing student.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

this part is so hard...it's amazing once you're out there doing more clinicals how much you pull from your brain banks. I was never good at taking tests, refused to study...I would have long failed your program!

You're pretty amazing, handling this all.

Student Nurse Midwife said...

"Next week is Thanksgiving. (but for some reason teachers love to have exams the Monday following the holiday...tis year it's Patho. There should be a rule...)"

You're so fucking right -- I've got an exam that Monday morning too!